Most people need topsoil when they are installing a lawn or garden for the first time or fixing a landscaping problem they inherited through a purchase. Also the winters can be tough on soil in our area, so maintenance is needed from time to time to improve your lawn and garden.
Topsoil Will Work for a Number of Different Applications
Topsoil is usually purchased locally and consists of the upper most layer of the ground. That amount of clay, sand, and other matter in topsoil varies depending on where it comes from. Topsoil can be used to protect seedlings from the sun to creating a surface grade for home or commercial use. Topsoil also is a great filler for holes or uneven areas in your yards.
A Do It Yourself (DIY) List for Installing a New Lawn
- Use herbicide to kill everything
- Bring in 2 to 5 inches of good top soil
- Grade-flatten out the top-soil
- Rake out any rocks or previous sod chunks
- Spread fertilizer
- Spread grass seed
- Rent a roller and roll over your seed to help get good seed to soil contact.
- Water water water! Use sprinklers 3 to 4 times a day for 10 mins each time until seed comes up. After grass comes up, slowly water a little less dropping one time a day but then watering for longer each time. After many months you can be down to once a day or once every other day.
- Be patient, water, and fertilize properly.
Bray Topsoil & Gravel can deliver top quality soil and fill dirt directly to you in the Greater Cincinnati Area! If you aren’t the do-it-yourself type, we have many long standing relationships with quality landscapers in the area.
About Bray Topsoil & Gravel
Topsoil and gravel delivered to you by Bray Trucking, a specialized aggregate hauler servicing the Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana region.